5/12/12

The Fruit Bowl

So, it has been a while since I have posted.  It has also been a long time since I promised a ceramics post to come.  This bowl was recently shown in the student show (that show will probably be my last for a while).

Photo Credit: Brianne Fulton

I call it the fruit bowl.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the first bowl I threw.



I carved a verse from the Bible about the fruit of the spirit :  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galations 5:22-23



For glazing, I applied iron oxide with a brush and sprayed a clear glaze on the inside.  The iron oxide make a beautiful blue color where it was heavily applied.  It also made the words darker and more readable.


Photo Credit: Brianne Fulton
Blessings,
Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. If it looks like I am carving the words upside down, that is because it was easier that way. I lightly wrote the words right-side up, but to carve them deeper, I turned the bowl around.

    ReplyDelete