10/18/11

Desires



After reading a portion of an article by John Bunyan titled The Desire of the Righteous Granted, I was inspired to consider my desires.  I want to write them all down and list them under two headings: "righteous desires" and "desires of the flesh".  I pray that God will grant the former and take away the latter.  However, he can do more than merely take the desires away: he can replace them.  I intend to pray that way.

I would highly recommend the article.  You might even consider making a list of your own.

Oh, and the sprinkles--I read an article a while back that compared our dreams/desires to sprinkles while what God wants to give us is the ice cream.  We might like sprinkles because they're colorful and fun, but only ice cream would satisfy a craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment