2/9/13

Armed to Face Another


Sometimes our tools are different. One time I used a spatula to fight my fears; this time I armed myself with my camera, a pen and notepad. I faced them. If I likened this experience to the pancake experience, I would say that maybe I burned a few pancakes a little, but I kept on flipping them.
It was my first assignment to cover an event for the small-town newspaper I work for. An hour before the event started, I began to realize that I was nervous. I knew I could fake some amount of confidence and step out of my comfort zone. That wouldn't be too hard for me. Friendliness and goodwill I wouldn't have to fake, though. I'm always glad I have that on my side. Some may not say it gives much of an advantage, but I feel a smile and a little openness can go a long way for me. It's more for me than anyone else. A good attitude benefits us, as James Franklin, MU quarterback and tonight's guest speaker, said tonight. "Never underestimate the value of attitude", Franklin said, "It is a choice."
So, with a smile, a pen, and a camera, I stepped in and did my best.
Then I think of all the support I had. "You have this whooped," my boyfriend encouraged me. "How did it go?" my sister and mom asked, and I knew they cared. "You'll do great," my boss said. And as always, I had the confidence and assurance that God gives his children. I am so blessed.


Blessings,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment