9/8/12

Blogiversary

Whoops.  I missed my one-year mark.  September 5, 2011 I posted my first post. Now I can look back at where I have gone.  In a way, this blog has documented my progress in designing.  In fact, just this week I have made a lot of changes to try to improve my blog.  I updated my pages trying to make things easier to get around.  Before, I just directed the links at the top of my page to lists of posts.  Now, I have a little explanation and picture to go with it.  There are still links to posts, but it is more organized.  For example, on my "The Love Letters" page, you can look at all the letters written by grandma and grandpa, only letters by grandpa, only letters by grandma, or a specific letter listed by date.


My next step is to design a background.  My old background is okay, but it is partially someone else's design.  I want to make one completely from scratch.  It's proving to be quite difficult so far. Maybe I'll get it done soon.

Well...I better not spend too much of my Saturday blogging, so I'll end with a few links to my favorite posts. These are the types of posts I re-read when I need a little reminder of what God has already taught me.

Wellbeloved: God Glasses: There are times in my life when it is easy to trust God.  I laugh at the devil when discouraging thoughts come to mind, and I just smile and...

Wellbeloved: Pray Without Ceasing: So many times in my life I have been reminded of the importance of prayer.  I have learned that I can go to God when I am confused, discoura...

Wellbeloved: Sprinkles (2): While in CherryBerry (a yummy frozen yogurt place), I witnessed a humorous little episode that made an impression on me.  A father was treat...

Wellbeloved: Humor: I almost think that God really does have a sense of humor.  One day this week, I was thinking and worrying about some issues concerning my m...

Wellbeloved: Grandpa's Voice: I was sitting on my bed reading my Bible, and my mind must have wandered because in my head I heard grandpa's voice again--low and a little ...

Wellbeloved: Perfect Timing:   This seems to have been the best year of my life, and this week was the cherry on top.  God has been so good in so many little and b...

Wellbeloved: Beautiful: My theme the last two years has been that  everything  is beautiful.  Even during difficult times or times that I did not understand, I...

Blessings,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment