2/21/14

You Will Find Out I Am Tricky


Neosho, Mo

Oct. 29, 1943

My dear Mac,

  Thought I would drop you a few lines and leave it with your things. Grandma and I intend to got to town right afternoon, and we thought we would take your things and leave them at the house where you stay. I suppose you will be at work, so I don’t guess I’ll get to see you.

Well I’m glad this morning that we can always have bright hopes in the Lord. Our surroundings may appear dark sometimes, but we can still have sunshine from heaven in our souls. I’m glad for salvation. It is something that never becomes old or tiresome to us. Instead of that, we only learn to appreciate the Lord more and more as the days go by. I believe that is one reason the Lord permits things to happen sometimes that are unpleasant to us, and also lets us to get in places so that we can’t see our way out. For that causes us to trust Him more fully when we see we are too weak in our own strength. And when we see it is impossible for us to make the way clear ourselves, then when the Lord steps in and opens up ways for us, then we really know how to appreciate Him better than before.

  I thought last night during prayer meeting, when Sis. Dean and Sis. Reese testified and told about being alone all the time, and how they would sit and think. I thought that it is just the opposite with me. It is so hard for me to find a quiet hour, so I can think and meditate. I would be glad if I could share part of their quiet hours, for I love to be alone part of the time. But I’m not complaining at my lot in life. Perhaps since I don’t very often get the opportunity of being alone, maybe that helps to cause me to be more earnest in seeking the Lord, and to learn of Him.

We both must have been almost of the same mind last night in prayer meeting. As you said I had your testimony.

  —Well I will now try to finish this. It is after mail time now , and we are about ready to start to town. Your mail cam that we were expecting. I didn’t take the package undone, but the end of the box was torn, so I could see the suit. It is a little darker color than I thought it would be, but it is pretty, I think.

  Anyhow it looks better than I dreamed it did. I thought about taking it along today and leaving it with your other things. But I didn’t know whether to or not. So I just decided to let you wait, as you planned to come tomorrow evening. — I thought it would be a good excuse for you to come.

(Now I know you will find out I am tricky) ha. But really I’ll be glad to see you come.

It seems that the times we get to be together are so short. But yet those times are very precious, as I always enjoy your presence. Those talks we have about the Lord seems to bring heaven nearer. And also binds our hearts closer together.

  Well I could write more, but I don’t have time. I hope we can get to talk more. —I wonder sometimes when we would ever get through talking if we were not disturbed. There is always something new to tell about our experiences with the Lord. And I think it is helpful to each other to tell the things we learn. And I’ve learned some things the last few days that I needed. It took some fire to consume the dross, but I sure wouldn’t exchange the gold that I got in the furnace flame for anything.

  Well maybe I’ll get to see you tomorrow eve., if the Lord wills.

  I know I can’t write anything that would bring as much cheer to your heart as your good letter brought to me that I got a few days ago. But anyhow I thought I would drop you a few lines and leave it with your things, and you can at least know that I’m thinking about you.

  I must hurry now, and say goodbye to the one who is dear to me.


Yours, with Love,

Carrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment