3/15/12

Humor

I almost think that God really does have a sense of humor.  One day this week, I was thinking and worrying about some issues concerning my major (Art and Design).  There were a lot of emotions introducing themselves in my thoughts, so I turned to the only one I can go to for real answers.  I wanted a verse, but I thought--somewhat crossly--there's not going to be a verse in the Bible about art.  I stared at my Bible, wanting to open it, but not knowing where to go.  Sometimes that book seem so big.  My eyes focused on a pen mark on the edge of the pages, so--because I didn't know anywhere else to go--I followed the pen mark and opened up to the page it "pointed" to.  "I Kings"--lovely.  Just what I need.  Then I saw the caption at the top of the page: "God's promise".  His promise was this: "Concerning this house which thou art in building, if thou wilt walk in my statutes, and execute my judgments, and keep all my commandments to walk in them; then will I perform my word with thee, which I spake unto David thy father: (1Ki 6:12)"  It was  a reminder to me of what was important.  Sometimes life can seem so important, but pleasing God should be my greatest goal.

But what made me smile?  Where's the humor that I was talking about?  Reread the first phrase of the verse.  Did you find it?  God gave me a verse with "art" in it.  It still makes me chuckle when I think about it.

Blessings,
Alyssa  

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks. It's so personal when He knows how to make you smile.

      Delete
  2. (one month later) yes, He is amazing. Reading this post again is a very good reminder to myself.

    ReplyDelete