8/13/12

Beautiful

Ecclesiastes 3:11

My theme the last two years has been that everything is beautiful.  Even during difficult times or times that I did not understand, I learned to look forward to the end when God would reveal the beauty of his works.  In some circumstances, it took only moments to understand and see the beauty, but often it took weeks or months before I could see any good come out of the situation.  We can be assured, however, that everything God does is beautiful.
As to the second part of this verse, this thought of eternity has also been on my heart at least a year or more. I remember one night, while in prayer, I received such a deep impression of eternity that I realized nothing in this life really mattered much compared to eternity.  The only things in this life that has any lasting value are those things done toward eternity.  Clarke's Commentary also has a good explanation: "God has deeply rooted the idea of eternity in every human heart; and every considerate man sees, that all the operations of God refer to that endless duration. See Ecc 3:14. And it is only in eternity that man will be able to discover what God has designed by the various works he has formed."

Just keep in mind: He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Blessings,
Alyssa

1 comment: